Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Jack Sock with a first title in his career

Jack Sock won his first ATP title after he defeated Sam Querrey in the final of the tournament US Men`s Clay Court Championship in Houston. In different parts Sock won with 7:6 (9), 7:6 (2) in an hour and 45 minutes game.

"I feel amazing. My favorite ground is clay, I feel indescribable. More better is to win here, where I have friends and family, "said the 22 years old Sock after the final.

He became the sixth American who won the title in Houston. This brought him 250 ranking points and nearly $ 90,000 from the prize money.

"Jack is a tough opponent," said in turn Querrey, who has 150 points and just over $ 46 000. "He has a heavy forehand, which makes him a very difficult opponent of a ground like this. For the first time for a long time I have played in the final, so I feel good. "

For a first time the champion recorded four victories over placed players on the way to the trophy. During the week Sock has beat consistently the No2 in the scheme Roberto Bautista Agut, Santiago Giraldo (No5) and Kevin Anderson (South Africa, No3), before he beat Querrey (No8) on the final.

"I feel very comfortable on this ground. During the week I have showed very good tennis, I served excellent and I was drilled only a few times. This is not easy, "said the happy champion.

Jack Sock became the seventh player born in the 90s of last century, who won a title at the ATP level. It did also Milos Raonic, Grigor Dimitrov, David Goffin, Bernard Tomic, Federico Delbonis and Jiri Vesely.

No comments:

Post a Comment